We invite submissions to the Mathematical and Scientific Machine Learning.
MSML2022 is the third edition of a newly established conference, with emphasis on promoting the study of mathematical theory and algorithms of machine learning, as well as applications of machine learning in scientific computing and engineering disciplines. This conference aims to bring together the communities of machine learning, applied mathematics, and computational science and engineering, to exchange ideas and progress in this fast growing field.
Dual track: main conference and workshop contributions
MSML22 will feature a dual-track, with plenary lectures, contributed talks and poster presentations from the main conference submissions on the one hand, and with a workshop track featuring science applications and PDE analyis on the other hand. Stay tuned for further announcements regarding contributions to the workshop track; Meanwhile, MSML22 will be held in a hybrid mode (online+on-site) in Beijing together with the China conference on Scientific Machine Learning (CSML). please contact: Bin Dong.
In an effort to blend the advantages between conference and journal publication models, MSML22 will run a hybrid reviewing procedure consisting on two rounds of review plus a desk-reject phase.
Upon submission, the Program Committee will assess papers out of the scope of the conference as well as submissions clearly below the acceptance bar. After the initial review, the authors will have four weeks to submit an updated revision, as well as an author response summarizing the changes. These changes will be reviewed again, leading to the final decision made by the Program Committee. The PC reserves the right to solicit additional reviews.
- Abstract submission deadline: March 8th, 2022, 11:59pm (AOE). (Deadline has been extended)
- Paper submission deadline: March 15th, 2022, 11:59pm (AOE). (Deadline has been extended)
- First round reviews: May 1, 2022, 11:59pm (AOE).
- Rebuttal deadline: May 25, 2022, 11:59pm (AOE).
- Final Decisions: June 25, 2022, 11:59pm (AOE).
- Conference: August 13-21, 2022, 11:59pm (AOE).
This year we are asking authors to submit papers by the submission deadline of March 8th, 2022, 11:59pm (AOE). Abstracts and papers must be submitted using the conference submission system at: https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/MSML2022. The submission site will be open on Jan 28th, 2022.
Style files and Templates
To prepare your submission to MSML 2022, please use the style files provided here.
- The page limit of the paper submission is 15 JMLR-style single column pages, with unlimited additional pages for citations. For the final version, an extra page will be allowed.
- Authors may have include appendices (after the bibliography) to provide further detail, while the total page count of the appendices may not exceed 20, to make the review process manageable. For the final version, an extra page will be allowed.
- Do not include author names (this is done automatically), and to the extent possible, avoid directly identifying the authors. You should still include all relevant references, including your own, and any other relevant discussion, even if this might allow a reviewer to infer the author identities.
- There will be an optional field to submit link to code at the time of submission. Code submission can strengthen the review process and we encourage all authors to submit code as part of their submission. Please keep in mind that code submitted should not reveal the identities of authors.
Dual Submission Policy
Submissions that are identical (or substantially similar) to versions that have been previously published, or accepted for publication, or that have been submitted in parallel to other conferences or journals, are not allowed and violate our dual submission policy. However, papers that cite previous related work by the authors and papers that have appeared on non-peered reviewed websites (like arXiv) or that have been presented at workshops (i.e., venues that do not have publication proceedings) do not violate the policy. The policy is enforced during the whole reviewing process period. Submission of the paper to archival repositories such as arXiv is allowed.
The accepted papers of this conference will be published in the series of Proceedings of Machine Learning Research.